Dr. K. Plunkett con The Flipped Classroom - A Teacher's Complete Guide: Theory, Implementation, and Advice (English Edition)Learn about the most novel 21st century teaching method: the "Flipped Classroom". This thorough yet straightforward delineation presents all you need to know to begin mastering this pedagogy. In simple terms, it is a method where by the student's lecturing or "first contact" comes at home through digital means, and the practicing or "homework" is done in class.
But really, it's much more than that; it allows you to tailor your curriculum to every student, not the median. You will reach every student, and even save time yourself.
- Chapter One - Fundamentals and Origins: how the flipped classroom came to be.
- Chapter Two - Pros and Cons of the "Flipped" Classroom Approach: in detail, describing how the flipped classroom affects different types of students, and the risks and challenges associated with it.
- Chapter Three - Creating a Lesson: The Video: step-by-step, how to create a professional looking video that your students will understand. Including tips on lighting, screen capture, software, and lecturing. How to use free online tools to make sure students are watching and learning from the videos (e.g. quizzes).
- Chapter Four - Creating a Lesson: The Class: what do you do with all this newfound class time? The author lays out several activities and suggestions to keep students engaged and expanding their knowledge.
- Chapter Five - A Summary of and Prognosis for the "Flipped" Classroom: some departing words to help you decide if this method is right for you and how to make it your own.